Thursday, August 20, 2009

Being Twins - Part 1


Shamini & Shantini - Part 1 - The Fall

Being twins were always fun and thrilling! It was the best thing ever to be as kids. Simply because we were like so popular in school, and needless to say we had quite a number of "peminat" too. We used to go through everything together. We were in the same school and most of the time - classmates. But when we entered Standard 4, we got separated - due to our intelligence level.. :P Anyhow, we became classmates again in Standard 5 & 6 and got separated again during secondary. Unfortunately, God finally decided that this two devils should be very far apart from one another and He decided to get her married to a Penang guy. And there she goes....

But guess it was all for good. We used to be so close to each other that we used to.. (*censored*). The only problem was this thing where we always fell sick together. That really suck big time! Whichever part of the world my other twin is, if she is sick... That's it. I know what to expect next! But that was not just it. There were more to go. Something called "EMOTIONS". That too we share very closely. If she is not in good vibes, so will I be. If she puts on weight, I will put on some inches too. Thus, we were never so different in terms of our looks. So this has been going on all these while even till now and I guess we will play this game till the end of our lives.

One day when I was about 15, father asked me to cycle to the grocery shop nearby to get something. Back then, we were staying in Kuantan at this place called Tmn Tunas Jaya. It's kinda rare to get these kind of chances as we never had our own bicycle. That too belongs to my 3rd sis - Haanusia. So with all my might and excitement, I cycled to the shop. Ahaa.. this was a golden opportunity to show off some of my cycling skills. So i increased my gear and cycled everywhere. I know father will be waiting, but that's secondary for now. I was cycling at one of the back alleys when a disaster was about to happen. I overlooked at this one place where it was full of sand and all of sudden my bicycle skidded and the next thing I knew... I was down in the drain and the best part was the bicycle was right on top of me- in the drain too. :(

Two very kind-hearted Indian aunties rushed to my aid and got me off the drain. I had scratches all over my arms and legs, and it hurt badly. Ouch! I dare not cycle after the fall, so I jus pushed the bicycle back home. When I arrived home, I got nice nagging from my dad for being so careless. So this time, he decided to send my twin, Shantini. So heroically, Shantini left with assurance that she is gonna get back with the stuffs my dad wanted. We waited....

A while later, Shantini returned. And Guess What??!!! She fell down too!! and the worst part.... Exactly at the same place! Whoaaa.. what a twin thing... I couldn't help laughing though I know it was quite mean of me to do so. But that was so hilarious. Imagine we fell at the exact same spot and she was down the drain too! hahahaha...

We still think about moments like this and laugh out hysterically. It was really fun growing up with each other. All our mischievous acts. Stay tune for more chapters from our "Being Twins" e-journal.

Twin No.1

No comments: